The Old Customs House Geelong
The old Customs House Geelong is a Georgian style building with a Tuscan portico, that was built in 1855-1856. It was constructed with locally quarried basalt rubble and clad in sandstone ashlar. The three story building was built to serve the needs of the colonial administration during the peak of the gold rushes. It stands on a steep slope such that the back of the building which faces Brougham Street, has the top floor at street level.
Today, the building houses offices and a restaurant / wine bar.
Photographed with: Olympus Pen EP-3, with Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42 mm f3.5-5.6 lens set at 28 mm, and +/- 2EV exposure bracket at ISO 200.
The Old Customs House Geelong – Jürgen Strauss Photography